AIMS AND OBJECTIVES OF THE DELTA STATE SMART HEALTHCARE
✓ Ensure that every Delta resident has access to good health care services.
✓ Protect families from the financial hardship of huge medical bill.
✓ Limit the rise in the cost of health care services.
✓ Ensure equitable distribution of health care cost among different income groups.
✓ Ensure high standard of health care services delivery to Nigerians.
✓ Ensure efficiency in health care services.
✓ Improve and harness private sector participation in the provision of health care services.
✓ Ensure equitable distribution of health facilities within the federation.
✓ Ensure appropriate patronage of all levels of health care.
✓ Ensure the availability of funds to the health sector for improved services in Delta State
While the potential of government digitization is tremendous, heavy regulations can pose a threat towards digitization efforts. This solution dives into the prospects of digital Health management and insurance administration by explaining potential digitization benefits, giving examples of international best practices, and addressing regulatory challenges.
And the critical steps are the evolving requirements to update our many technology deficient citizens so that they become comfortable with the new digital paradigm by creating a platform for accessible health care – this needs to be imbibed from an early age and especially an infusion into the youth population through massive training in ICT and adoption of science-based application relevant curriculum that solves basic society’s needs such as Healthcare, education, Access to funds etc.
THE BENEFITS OF SMART HEALTH INSURANCE MANAGEMENT PLATFORM.
Digital technology transforms information and access for local government, and so the opportunity goes far beyond putting transactions online. Local Government Health Sector and Health Centers should be considering how they can change the way they work based on health Insurance claims and subsidies for example:
• Reduce total cost of ownership with HIPAA-compliant solutions for enrollment, premium calculation, claims processing, capitation, benefits adjudication and billing that can be deployed on premise and in the cloud
• Lower administrative costs significantly by automating processes and increasing auto adjudication rates by using business rules-driven workflow
• Enable faster response to market and regulatory changes by eliminating the need for source code changes
• Improve operational efficiency and bring new products to market faster through collaborative product development
• Support compliance with evolving regulatory demands through a highly flexible, extensible and open architecture
• Reduce complexity, risk and cost in partnership with Oracle’s proven health insurance modules.