AIM/OBJECTIVES OF SMART CITY PROJECT ON EDUCATION
- Capture and maintain student data,
- Coordinate different levels of student information,
- Provide 24/7 web-based access to information by students, instructors and parents
- Recording biometric system data for verification purposes. where eCMS has capabilities to support the following:
- Handling inquiries from prospective students
- Handling the admissions process
- Enrolling new students
- Automatically creating class & teacher schedules
- Handling records of examinations, assessments, grades and academic progression
- Maintaining records of absence and attendance
- Recording communications with students
- Maintaining discipline records
BENEFITS OF e-CAMPUS MANAGEMENT SYSTEM.
The benefits of implementing Delta State eCampus Management System are enormous as it provides a platform
for accessing, and storing information accurately, timely and professionally. The functions performed by different
systems differ from one system to another. A number of higher education institutions in the world have embarked
on programs aimed broadly at improving the efficiency of the management of student information. Most of these
student information systems are known to carry out administrative activities, including admissions, enrolment,
and examinations. It is apparent that the eCMS will offer various functions such
- Integrated internet access capability via username and matriculation/ Faculty number.
- Providing statistical reports on Student information and educational resources.
- Maintenance of Campus house details.
- Communicating student details to both students and parents through eCMS communication portal
- Psychometric tests
- Human resource services